J A Browne
Author, Blogger, Teacher
Who I am
In this policy whenever you see the terms ‘I’, ‘Me’ or ‘My,’ it refers to J A Browne (Author and Blogger)
I am the author of The Earth Chronicles series. My first novel for middle-grade and above is Hannah & the Hollow Tree, out in Autumn 2018. As an indie-author, I also blog about how I am publishing my books independently and my thoughts upon being a writer, whilst still being a teacher.
I will graduate in December 2018 with an MA in Creative Writing from Leeds Trinity University.
What information do I collect about you?
I only collect information about you that I need:
- to provide the service you have requested by subscribing to my newsletter, including details of book launches, promotions, events and blogs.
The personal information I collect may include:
- Your name including title
- email address and phone number
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of any transactions you carry out via my website (PayPal will hold your secure details)
- Your contact preferences
When I ask for your personal information, I will explain why we need it and direct you to this policy.
How will I use the information I collect?
I will only use your information for the purpose you provided it for or have given me prior consent for. This may include:
- To process your online purchase
- To send you my newsletter or details of events
- To send you other information you may be interested in
How I share your information
I do not share your personal information with any third party or external organisations for any purpose other than those detailed below. I work with carefully selected service providers who carry out some functions on my behalf. These service providers will act on my instructions and adhere to the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations). These include:
- I use a bulk email distributor (MailChimp) for any e-news. Your information is stored securely and is password protected.
- I use PayPal and Stripe for WordPress to process online payments
I ensure that any transfer of data is done securely, in accordance with best practice and in accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
I will never sell or pass your personal data to a third party for marketing purposes. I will only use your data myself for marketing if you have given me permission to do so by subscribing.
How I store your data and keep it secure
I take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is kept secure. I hold personal data in electronic form.
I will keep your information only for as long as I need it to provide you with the goods, services or information you have requested. All electronic information is password protected.
This policy was last updated on 24 July 2018.
How to contact me
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FB: http://www.facebook.com/ JABrowne